Additional restrictions in urban areas of Punjab to be implemented from 22.08.2020 to 31.08.2020.
1. This is in continuation to this office letter No. SS/ACSH/2020/560 dated the 31st July 2020 vide which guidelines for Unlock 3.0 to be implemented from 01.08.2020 to 31.08.2020 were circulated for compliance. There has been a surge in the number of COVID-19 casesin recent weeks in the State and the District authorities are directed to strictly enforce these guidelines.
2. In subsequent guidelines issued vide letters No. SS/ACSH/2020/579 dated 8th August 2020 andNo. SS/ACSH/2020/592 dated the 17th August 2020, additional restrictions were imposed in 3 cities and all cities of the State respectively. In supersession of these guidelines, additional restrictions are imposed within municipal limits of all the cities of Punjab during the period from22.08.2020 to 31.08.2020as under :
1. Curfew (Allcities) :
- Weekend Curfew: Total Curfew on Saturdays and Sundays in all the 167 municipal towns of the State upto 31.08.2020.
- Night curfew : Movement of individuals for all the non-essential activities shallremain prohibited between 7:00 pm to 5:00 amwithin municipal limits of all the cities of Punjab throughout the week.
However, essential activities and services, movement of persons and goods on National and State Highways, inter state& intra state movement of persons and unloading of cargo and travel of persons to their destinations after disembarking from buses, trains and aeroplanes will be permitted.
Essential services include services related to health , agricultural and related activities,dairying and fishery activities, banks, ATMs, stock markets, insurance companies, on-line teaching, public utilities, public transport industry in multiple-shifts, construction industry, offices both private and government,media both visual & print etc. The list is not exhaustive and district authorities can add any activities in public interest.
Movement of persons and students in the connection with all kinds of examinations, admission/entrance tests conducted by Universities, Boards, Public Service Commissions and other institutions shall be permitted.
2. Shops, Restaurants, Hotels, Liquor Vends etc. (all cities) :
|SN||Establishments||Mon to Fri||Saturday||Sunday|
|1.||Shops/Malls||Till 6:30 pm||Closed in all cities||Closed in all cities|
|2.||Shops/Malls(dealingin essential commodities)||Till 6:30 pm||Till 6:30 pm||Till 6:30 pm|
|3.||Religious places||Till 6:30 pm||Till 6:30 pm||Till 6:30 pm|
|4.||Sports complexes, stadia and public complex||Till 6:30 pm||Till 6:30 pm||Till 6:30 pm|
|5.||Restaurants (including Restaurants/ Hotels in malls)||Till 6:30 pm||Till 6:30 pm||Till 6:30 pm|
|7.||Liquor Vends||Till 6:30 pm||Till 6:30 pm||Till 6:30 pm|
Shut-down of 50% shops in 5 cities :
Not more than 50% of shops dealing in non-essential commodities shall remain open on a given day in the 5 cities – Amritsar, Jalandhar, Ludhiana, Patiala& SAS Nagar. The district authorities would stagger the opening days of shops accordingly.However, all shops dealing in essential commodities shall remain open on all days as per the timings given in the above table.
3. Vehicles (throughout the State):
- Only 3 persons including driver to be allowed in a 4-wheeler vehicle.
- All buses and public transport vehicles to allow sitting for 50 % capacity with no person standing.
4. Ban on gatherings: (through out the State)
Section 144 of the Cr.PC be invoked and orders be issued to prohibit all social, political, religious gathering, protests and demonstrations throughout the State. However, gatherings relating to marriage and funerals shall be allowed only for 30 persons and 20 persons respectively.
Strict action be taken against the organisers and main participants for violation of orders u/s 144 of Cr.PC.
5. Government and private offices: (through out the State)
Government and private offices shall operate with 50% staff strength till the end of the month i.e. not more than 50% of employees would be permitted on a particular day.The Heads of Offices would restrict public visitors in Government offices and encourage use of on-line Punjab Grievance Redressal System (PGRS) and other on-line tools so as to minimise person to person contact in offices.
6. Activities not mentioned in these guidelines from para 1 to 5 would be governed by guidelines dated 31/07/2020.